Does Butt Lift with Thread Really Work and Does It Last?

Buttock Thread Lift

+2

Simply put, No!  The buttock is too large and strong of a muscle to be supported by a "thread".  Buttock augmentation by either fat transfer or even more so implants typically gives an added lift to the buttock as well.  Because very few surgeons are experienced in buttock implants it is always prudent to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this procedure.  Best of luck...RAS

I would not depend on a thread for a Butt Lift

+2

I know plastic surgeons have been trying out "thread lifts" for facial rejuvenation procedures to lift areas of the face and neck.  Actually, I was one of the first doctors utilizing this technique; however; the results did not last and were not very significant.  The most popular forms of Butt Lift are a Brazilian Butt Lift- which utilizes fat transferred to the buttocks to add volume and lift the buttocks.  The other method is through a lower body lift where an actual incision is made above your buttocks (like a tummy tuck on your back), excess skin is excised, and the result is a lifted rear-end with a tighter appearance to the skin, but it does not add volume. I do not think a thread can create a lifted and shapely buttocks.  If you already have tissue to work with and just want to lift it a little, I think the weight of the tissue will be too great for a thread to hold.  If you are lacking volume, a thread will do absolutely nothing.  I suggest you research a Brazilian Butt Lift. Besides lifting and enhancing the shape of your butt, the surgeon utilizes liposuction in order to harvest the fat to be transferred so you get the added benefit of sculpting other areas of your body.  Good luck.

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Butt Lift with Thread - No!

+1

Thank you for your question. No, and no. The same reasons the thread lift to the face is not in Vogue, is the same reasons I would not ever recommend doing a butt lift.  I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Butt Lift using "Thread Lift" technique Does Not Work or Last

+1

Thread lifts using barbed sutures don't have lasting results on your facial cheeks that are lighter so they definitely are not going to work on your buttock cheeks that are heavier and will result in pull through or cheese-wire effect. Stay away from non board certified plastic surgeons (I doubt that such a technique would be recommended by one)

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Butt lift with threads

+1

I do not know of any published study in the USA study using threads to lift the buttock. I met a patient that had this procedure done to her in Columbia and the results were not impressive. She was complaining of chronic pain and was concerned about the long-term effect of the threads. What I could determine based on a physical exam was that there was no increase in volume from the procedure. The butt sags relatively early since she had such procedure done three years before.

Some doctors in other countries claim that this works. What I could see was that the shape of this patient’s bottom was distorted.  There were some areas with projection while others were indented. I have never done nor will attempt to do this procedure in buttock surgery. My experiences with facial threads have also been disappointing.

A butt lift is more than just lifting the buttock. It really is a total body transformation with improved proportions. The best option is the fat transfer to the buttock.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Butt Lift with Threads

+1

Despite many claims , barbed stitches or threads are incapable of maintaining saggy areas of the face up. How then can they keep OTHER heavier parts of the body up such as breasts or buttocks?  This is yet another example of unethical, shameless marketing.

Butt implants

+1

Buttock lift with thread lift is JUNK MEDICINE................................................................

Does a butt threadlift work?

+1

The simple answer is "NO". Just a marketing ploy. Save your money. Other methods that really do work include fat grafting (aka Brazilian Buttlift), buttock flaps which are performed at the same time as a lower body lift, and butt implants.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Thread buttock lift

+1
A buttock lift with a thread would not work. There is too much tissue and it can't support it. The thread doesn't even work for the face and there is MUCH less tissue and weight in the face. Fat transfer to the buttocks with or without a buttock lift with excision of skin is your best bet. Buttock implants can be very problematic for patients.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon