Can I Have Butt Lift Surgery if I'm Obese? (photo)

I am 5'9" 320 lbs. Bmi 54%. Getting rid of cellulite is also something I'm hoping to accomplish. can I do surgery with these measurements? Can bariatric and butt lift surgery be done together? I have not decided if I want to do bariatric.

First weight loss

+1

hi, to have a better outcome it the aesthetic procedure you have first to loose weight.   these two surgeries can not be combined at the same time.  hope to be of some help. 

dr jpc

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before Brazilian buttock lift

+1

Based on your current weight I would recommend losing close to 100 lbs prior to having a buttock augmentation. You would have to have your bariatric surgery first, then, once you have lost your weight, you can have your buttock augmentation. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to having this procedure done.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Can I Have Butt Lift Surgery if I'm Obese?

+1

Thank you for your question, I would advise you to loose weight first, you can contact a Bariatric specialist to talk about your options and when your around your goal weight you can do the Tummy Tuck and the Brazilian Butt Lift. This will give you better results.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring surgery not recommended

+1

Thank you for the question.  The best thing that you can do at this time is to lose weight.  Whether through surgical weight loss such as gastric bypass/lap band/etc or through diet and exercise, losing weight will be a critical part of your appearance but more importantly your health.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+1

From a technical standpoint, the surgery can be performed, but I would not recommend this.  Weight loss to ensure a healthy weight and a good surgical outcome would be necessary first. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA