Will Butt Lift Help with Loose Skin Due to Rapid Weight Loss?

Hi, I'm a young male in my early twenties and I am seriously considering surgery for my posterior. The problem is, I'm not exactly sure of what I need done. I was an overweight teen (about 5'3" 200lbs).

I lost a lot of the weight too quickly and now have loose skin. I'm 6'0" 150lbs now and my only problem is this sagging skin on my backside. It's nothing drastic but it is noticeable. I've read a bit about lower buttock lifts but there isn't a ton of info. on it. Is this the procedure best suited for my needs?

Trading one scar for another

+2

Buttock ptosis after massive weight loss is quite a challenge.  There is a tremendous amount of volume loss and poor elasticity of the skin.  The proper treatment will replace both aspects that have been lost.  A direct excision of the redundant skin will need to be performed leaving a rather visible scar in the gluteal fold.  Wearing shorts or revealing underwear may become a problem.  The volume will need to be replaced with either fat or an implant.  Implants are problematic and in your case you have very little fat.  Your options are not great so think carefully and recognize that you will be trading one scar( the redundant skin of your Butt) for another (the long inferior gluteal crease scar).  There is no perfect solution in this case.

Buttock lift to correct loose skin combined with fat transfer

+2

Congratulations on your large weight loss!  With such a massive weight loss, the buttocks can look deflated and droop. If there is a great deal of skin laxity, a buttock lift which elevates and tightens the buttocks is the best option. The choice for placement of the incisions is either at the upper portion of the buttocks along the waist line or on the lower portion of the buttocks in the crease. I frequently combine the a buttock lift with fat transfer performed at the same time.

I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Butt lift can help tighten the loose skin after weight loss

+2

Patients today have multiple choices to change the contour, shape, and skin of their butt. In a patient who has experienced significant weight loss and who now has loose skin, they may benefit from a butt lift. Remember that the recovery process after the surgery is significant and for best results you should only work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience and butt augmentation, butt contouring, and butt lift techniques. They will be able to examine your tissue and determine which combination of these procedures will help you meet your goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Crease buttock lift

+2

I would personaly prefer the crease buttock lift that will handle the excess skin in the lower part of the buttock.In addition to this some fat grafting could be used if needed and depending on your expectations.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Buttock lift

+2

You are the ideal person for a BUTTOCK LIFT, with or without buttock enhancement.

The incision follow the upper curvature of the buttock, and the skin is pulled up, the excess removed. The scar will be with in the swimsuit.

Butt Lift, Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon , Toron

+1

Hello

You have a moderate to severe deflation of your buttock in conjunction with excessive loose skin .

You should benefit from a buttock lift with incisions that may extend towards the front for a more smooth results 

In order to prevent or minimize any flattening of the buttock a gluteal muscle based dermal fat flap should be created for further projection.

You may also need some free fat transfer either primarily or as a second stage should you desire even further projection. 

Thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Brazilian Butt Lift to augment and lift buttocks

+1

sagging of buttocks due to loss of buttock volume from weight loss can be corrected to some extend with buttock augmentation with fat grafting. In some cases the alternative is to do a body lift.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS