Two Compression Garments After Liposuction and Butt Lift?

Since I had butt lift and liposuction in my inner thigh and waist, do I need to wear two different types of garmets? One for my butt and one for the thighs and waist?

No need for two garments when one will do

+4

It if often difficult to find an exact fit garment. Especially when your size will change dramatically over time due to swelling. You will need constant re-adjustments in size and contour.

Furhtermore, some physicians do not desire compression of the lipoinjected areas.

Your surgeon no likely has a preference and you should consult him or her first. Typically surgeons desire strong compression during phase 1 of the healing process. During phase 2, I often have paitents try on commercially available compression garments such as Spanx garments (available at fine retailers) or Cupid garments (available at Walmart).

Compression garments for combined procedures

+2

In my practice, you would have just one garment for a butt lift and liposuction of the inner thighs and waist.  It would be a compression "girdle" that extends from just below the bra to just above the knee.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Liposuction and Butt Lift Garments

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, I suggest you wear the garments your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon advises, and wear them as long as they recommend. Every surgeon has their formula and deviation form this makes it more difficult to assess your progress. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

One Compression garment probably better than two.

+1

This Answer Depends on if a single garment will completely cover the surgical area. Usually one garment will take care of both areas - more of a girdle configuration. More than one garment is usually required as it becomes looser due to edema resolution.

Always check with your surgeon who will guide you through their protocol that will be individualized for your needs.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Garments Post Butt Lift Surgery.

+1

Every surgeon has a different protocol post surgery. I have patients wear 2 compression garments in order to reduce swelling faster as well as to help the shaping during the healing process. I recommend wearing Spanx and then a surgical garment on top but best results.

Jaime Perez, MD

Liposuction garment

+1

Every surgeon is different with their post op directions to their patients so I would follow your surgeon's direction for after surgery. I normally recommend that the compression garment is worn for 4 weeks depending on exactly what areas were treated. You can get one garment that covers your buttocks, thighs and hips.

Compression garments and liposuction and butt lift

+1

Dear Betcy,  one compression garment, which is essentially a longer leg girdle, will work best.  It will be easier to put on and take off, and it won't tend to bunch up and cause skin creases, which can sometimes happen when wearing two separate garments.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Using a compression garments after last suction and Butt lift

+1

After a liposuction and Butt lift, it is important for patient use a compression garment. Typically, patients may only need a single compression garment that is designed to treat these multiple areas.

Pat Pazmino, MD

One Garment Should be Fine

+1

One garment that will go from the upper abdome to the knee should be fine for this combination. But do what your Dr tells you to do.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon