Combining Butt Lift and Breast Reduction Procedures?

Can a butt lift be done at the same time as a breast reduction?

Combined butt lift and breast reducion?

+4

In my opinion, these are not two surgeries that you can safely combine in one setting.  The length, complexity of position changes, risks of blood clots are among a few of my reasons.  I'd actually look skeptically at someone who would offer this combo for "your convenience." 

Same Day Butt Lift and Breast Reduction Surgery

+2

Thank you for your question. Yes, this is common, but you will be wanting to sleep only on your sides as everything front and back will be tender for a few weeks. Discuss your goals with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and make a plan. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Be careful.....

+2

I usually recommend people to be wary about combining two larger scale operations in one sitting as expedience might short change you on each. Surgeons who book too much tend to do less surgery in order to get done. If you don't need full version of larger operations it can be possible without such a short changing. Just be careful and express with your surgeon what you want done. Surgery is not like buying a car off a lot with many of the exact same model available and interchangeable.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Butt Lift and Breast Reduction on the same day

+2

Assuming you are in good health, a breast reduction and a butt lift can safely be done on the same day. In my own practice, a breast reduction takes less than two hours, a butt lift (brazilian or regular) likewise takes less than two hours. Neither procedure is associated with significant blood loss. That being said, you should take the recovery into account. You will be sore on top and the bottom, and finding a comfortable position in which to rest will be a challenge.

Mark Preston, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Butt lift and simultaneous breast reduction

+2

A butt lift is an effective way to change the position and contour of your butt. This can be done at the same time as other procedures including a breast reduction. If receiving this combination, be sure that you discuss the recovery process at length with your plastic surgeon. They may recommend certain positions that you should avoid to prevent placing too much tension onto the incisions. Think carefully about recovery process and if it seems too difficult or inconvenient, consider receiving these procedures separately.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Reduction

+2

Despite many of my colleague's remakrs, I think that these procedures can be performed safely together within 5 hours. Many body lift procedures also involve working on the back and front of a patient and can take 6 hours or more. The predetermining factor needs to be your current and past medical health and your risk factors for clot formation.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Separate operations recommended for Butt Lift and Breast Reduction

+2

It could be done but WHY? These are 2 intense operations on opposite sides of the body. I would separate them by a few months in order to attain that 'great' result. Regards.

Butt lift and Breast Reduction Combined

+2

I would say NO.  Both these surgeries are complex surgeries and take a long time to complete.  You would be better off to separate these two procedures.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Breast reduction can take 21/2 to 31/2 hrs, to achieve a good cosmetic result.

Brazilian Butt Lift involves harvesting the fat from any place there is excess.when you harvest the fat it also needs time to remove the fat as if you are doind a cosmetic liposuction procedre and not only take fat and leave the area with suboptimal result. These areas can be all over. For the butt enhancement, you need to be placed on your stomach, WHICH WILL PUT SOME PRESSURE ON THE BREAST. You cannot inject the fat while on your side. The butt enhancement can take 4-6 hours done right.

Breast reduction and a butt lift

+2

A breast reduction and a butt lift can definitely be performed at the same time. The overall operative time should be within safe limits for the two to be accomplished successfully.