Butt Lift/ Brazilian Butt Lift NOT the Same Thing?

I have sagging skin due to weight Lost. I have sagging skin in my inner thighs and my butt area. I was considering a BBL to get a larger/ shapely butt and a Thigh Lift. I was told that I needed a Butt Lift instead of a Brazilian Butt lift to achieve my goal of a shapely butt due to my sagging Butt. My question is Why couldn't I get a Brazilian Butt Lift and what is the different? Also could I get both procedures done at the same time Butt Lift/ Thigh Lift.

Buttock Lift vs Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Technically these two are different however many times by filling or plumping the buttock up with fat (i.e. Brazilian Butt Lift), or an implant for that matter, a "lift" effect is achieved.  Thus depending upon how much of a  lift you need to reduce/eliminate loose skin &/or sagging, an actual buttock lift may too be required.  A buttock lift, like a tummy tuck, involves actual skin removal to tuck or lift the buttock tissue especially the lowest most part.  And yes it is possible to have both done at the same time.  Best of luck...RAS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

With weight loss there is loss of volume (deflation) and loss of skin elasticity (hanging skin).

Brazilian Butt Lift involves fat transfer to the deflated buttock to gain volume and projection. When the skin is lax and hanging you will need tightening of the skin by lifting the skin as what happens in tummy tuck or droopy breast. You can have a buttock lift and fat transfer to the buttock at the same time.

You also can have a buttock lift (excision of skin ) and a lateral and or medial thigh lift. 

Butt Lift vs Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Thank you for your question. Many identical procedures are called the same thing for marketing purposes. Do not allow yourself to be swayed by marketing names, and hype. Talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and allow them to present the best list of alternatives for your own situation. The best surgeons, do not operate from a one size fits all philosophy. They treat each patient with a unique approach. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Lift vs Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The distinction that the surgeon was probably trying to make was that you needed to focus on the loose skin rather than augmentation. Depending on the scope of the procedures, a Butt Lift and Thigh Lift can be performed together. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift is the wrong procedure after weight loss

+1
Sounds like you need a butt lift, not a brazilian butt lift (which is not a lift, but a fat transfer to the butt for sculpting).  A butt lift is the ideal procedure to 'lift' sagging butt skin

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Butt lift and brazilean but lift are not the

+1

butt lifting  it is lifting  both butts trough own tissues  since infragluteal sulcus and a depitelized skin graft plus  fat tissue injection.

brazilean butts it is only autofat injection

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Four different types of butt lift

+1

There are four differenrt types of butt lift not counting the Brazilian fat transfer (that only enlarges): string lift ($3380), circumferential pants lift ($12,276), auto-augmentation skin lift ($6400) and implants ($4400). If you have lost over 100 lbs, you have enough skin for two people. The only way you will ever fit into your skin again is to have the excess removed, Fat transfer is the most risky because it requires a large volume. Patients have died from fat getting into the blood vessels amd going to brain or heart. Nobody has died from the other butt lifts.

Go with the skin tailoring operation.  Dr Foster 

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon