Butt Lift V. BBL. What Should I Do if I Want Minimal Scarring?

I lost 110 pounds and my once huge butt is not gone. My back side is now saggy...Not super saggy, but pretty saggy. Would a BBL have the same impact as a Butt Lift? I would rather have the surgeries I need with as little scaring as possible, and I want my butt back.

Brazilian Butt Lift or True Buttocks Lift....?

+1

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss!  Great Job! 
Unfortunately, there is no way to know which procedure is better for you without seeing and examining you.
I have seen patients who have lost similar amounts of weight who have pretty good skin tone and just need the Brazilian Butt Lift.  Others have lots of loose skin and require the skin tightening procedure of a true buttocks lift.  The Brazilian Butt Lift requires that you have some excess fat elsewhere to donate to your buttocks which makes it larger and shaplier, but has very minimal scaring.  A true buttocks lift for skin tightening involves a long scar across your back, which can usually be hidden by a bikini, and does not increase or decrease the size of your buttocks. 
Good Luck
Dr M

Saggy butt

+1

Your skin is saggy because you lost volume. So,  you need to replenish your butt in order to tighten up the skin. Fat injection is unreliable, because after 1 year it might disappear completely or almost completely. To prevent your disappointment,  consider butt augmentation with implants. They do not  disappear and you can choose the size that you like. The scar is hiden between the cheeks and barely noticable. You have to , though,  select an experience plastic surgeon with that procedure. to avoid complication.

Good luck, 

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You need an in person examination to evaluate the degree of butt ptosis, and the skin. Then we can discuss if you will benifit from fat injection to the buttock or a buttock lift or a combination of both to achieve the results you desire.

Saggy skin for a Brazilian butt lift.

+1

Given the fact that you have loss some much weight it is reasonable to assume that your skin tone is poor and also that probably you  have excessive skin. If this is the case, you will not be a good candidate for the brazilian butt lift. A fat transfer procedure to the buttock will lift your buttocks to some extend but if your buttocks are  significantly  ptotic, then this will not be case. You will probably be a candidate for a more traditional butt lift were the excessive skin is excised. Only a physical exam with a plastic surgeon will provide you with a definitely answer. 

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Butt Lift Versus Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

If you have significant weight loss, then I would suspect that you have very loose skin.  In which case you likely need a buttocks lift which involves an incision across the top of the butt.  If you are just looking for enhanced volume but do not have a skin issue, then Brazilian Butt Lift may be useful, but we would really need to see pictures or see you in person to give more specific advice.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Loose skin will not look good with just fat injections

+1

I can't imagine (we need photos of you) that after 110 pounds of weight loss that you don't have a problem that is primarily laxity in the tissue.  This is generally much better solved by lifting rather than by fat injection alone.  Of course, an exam would be needed to say for sure.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS