Butt Injection Removal Options?

How can you remove butt injections?

When buttock augmentation is performed with implants, they can be removed surgically.  If your butt was enlarged with fat transfer, liposuction can remove some of the injected fat.  If you had butt injections with another substance, removal can be tricky.  It will depend on what was injected and where it is (right under the skin, under connective tissue or into the gluteal muscles).  Your best bet at this point is to schedule an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will be able to evaluate you and provide you with treatment options.  If there is no infection, your best bet may be to live with the injections as removal can be disfiguring.  I'm sorry, I wish I had better news for you.

Options depend on the material injected

Thank you for the question.  The options for removing or reducing buttock injections depends on the material utilized.  If fat was used for injection as in Brazilian buttock lift then liposuction alone will reduce the volume of the buttock.  If, however, synthetic substances were used then reduction or removal will be much harder.  Liposuction can still be used in certain cases if the particulate size is small but it will remove both the substance and the surrounding fat.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Removal of Buttock Injections

If the injections are fat then the process of reduction of the buttocks or removal of the fat is as simple as liposuction. If the injected material is free silicone or some other substance which we do not know then surgical removal is the only option.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Buttock Injections

Buttock augmentation with "injections" other than your own fat is never a good idea.  The complication rate is very high and the complications severe, from infection to migration of the substance, to severe hardening of the buttock tissues.  In any case, major even drastic surgery is usually required to remedy these problems, leaving major scars and deformities.  Wish I had better news for you...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Injections

Hello Missmad

Butt injections done by non-proffessional are a mixture of many things from commercial grade silicone to hydrgell, and many other substances. All will cause hardening and granulomas.

The only way to remove such substances is by surgery that may and will leave scars and deformities, which has to be dealt with at a later stage.

Infection is second to granulomas, and that complication need agressive treatment.

pain and hard lumps are other complications.

Normally the injected material can not be removed totally, but one needs to attempt to remove the majority of the material.

Injected free silicone can migrate to local lymph nodes, and can cause swelling.