What Can I Do to Lower Potential Risk of Infection with Butt Implants?

I had a Brazilian Butt Lift about 9 months ago i was happy with the result but a month after my surgery the fat started to disappear so I'm considering to get a butt implant but I'm so scared of infection i told my Dr hes suggesting to do the whole process again (a second Brazilian butt lift ) but i don't have enough fat in my body ... i need help what should i do and if i decided to get implants what can i do to lower the risk of infection ... thank you

Buttocks Implant Infection

+2

Implant infection from butt implants ranges in most studies from 5-7 % and breast implants from 1-3% . It is not an easy decision!. I primarily focus on BUtt Implants because fat melts away.

Happy Surgery

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Infection Risk After Buttock Implants

+2

Both Autologous Fat Transfer and Buttock Implants for Buttock Augmentation are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Additionally, should the patient have a wound healing complication or slow wound healing, the implants are much less likely to get infected because they are covered by the muscle.     In my practice approximately 5 - 7 % of the implants become infected and thus need to be removed for at least 6 months before they can be replaced.  I believe experience and consistent technique help minimize the infection rate.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this particular procedure.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD