Procedure to Add More Volume After Butt Implants?

I had intramuscular butt implants 3 years ago. The upper part of my buttocks looks great, but the lower part needs more volume. What can I do? Fat transfer?

Fat transfer following Butt Implant Surgery

+1

Yes it is safe and often advantageous to add more volume following a butt implant surgery to do subsequent fat transfer. I typically do both at the same time when Butt Implants are used.

Brazilian Butt Lift AFTER Butt implants

+1

In our practice, we've done several patients who have previously received butt implants at other centers. Many of these patients appreciated the volume that they had accomplished but they did not like to shake their butts. In these patients, we perform Brazilian butt lifts. This is a combination procedure that first begins with thorough liposuction of the trunk, abdomen, hips, waist, and lower back. Patients greatly benefit from their new tight figure. We then take the fact that we collect from a lot of suction and strategically placed it around the implants to improve the contour. Patients are very satisfied with this combination.

The most important part is to carefully discuss your surgery and your specific patient goals with your plastic surgeon. When you talk your surgeon make sure that you understand what they are offering and that it makes sense to you. We find it extremely helpful to use digital software to transform your images so that way we can communicate well with our patients and understand exactly what their goals are.

Best-

Pat Pazmino

Pat Pazmino, MD

Fat Transfer for Buttock Augmentation

+1

Yes, fat transfer would be your best and most viable option.  Other options are to remove the implants you currently have and place a taller implant in its place.  This is not any easy task and you would be better off by having fat transfer to the superior pole for added augmenation.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Fat injection would be the best option

+1

After The butt implant fat grafting would be a good option. careful examination and evaluation of the butt implant will help your plastic surgeon to give the treatment plan. 

Fat injection by itself is an excellent treatment for the butt enlargement.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Additional Buttock Augmentation after Implants

+1

Hi there-

It would be very difficult to answer your question accurately without the benefit of first examining you, but in general, the combination of buttock implants and fat grafting for further augmentation is certainly possible and in fact, the two procedures are performed concurrently in many cases.

It may also be possible that your implants have developed a bit of encapsulation, and that the remaining buttock tissues are drooping a bit- if this is the case, a minor adjustment in the skin envelope may be necessary.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS