Are Butt Implants a Longer Lasting Solution Than Fat Transfer?

i work out almost every day i lift weights and my butt is still very flat and i have no hips i am very thin and i dont really want butt implants would like fat transfer but im scared i will pay alot of money and i will loose all the fat again.

Buttock implant surgery vs. a brazillian butt lift...

+2

Buttock implant surgery versus a Brazilian butt lift using fat transfer has some pros and some cons.   First a buttock implant surgery is a permanent procedure, but does have some possible risks such as fluid collection around the implant, or movement of the implant.  This procedure should only be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon who has had extensive training and knowledge of this surgery.  A Brazilian butt lift on the other hand is a more common procedure.  First, Liposuction is performed on areas of the body such as the stomach and thighs, and then the fat is processed and finally transferred to the buttock area.  Some of the fat may be absorbed back into the body but a good portion of it may be become permanent, and additional injections can add to the result.  Discuss your options with your surgeon to choose the best options for you. 

Edison Plastic Surgeon

+1
  Both fat transfer and the butt implants provide a long term solution.  The complications of buttock implant placement are greater.

Buttock Implants vs Fat Transfer

+1

The bottom line is, for someone as lean as you are, you do not have enough fat to transfer to the buttocks.  By the time a year has passed and 60+% of the fat has melted away you will have gained next to nothing.  This is actually the case for most patients seeking buttock augmentation.  Nonetheless, buttock implants when done by a very experienced plastic surgeon can create a beautiful predictable and long lasting, even permanent, result.  The key is to find a plastic surgeon whom specializes in this procedure.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Longevity of butt implants vs. Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Patients today have many different options in butt augmentation and contouring. Brazilian butt lift surgery consists of liposuction to the abdomen and trunks and then cleaning & processing this fat and transplanting it into the buttock region.
Butt implants may be a good option for patients who do not have sufficient fat for a successful Brazilian Butt Lift.
If the surgeries are done properly, the results, whether your own fat or implants, should be permanent. If fat is transplanted, this may change with extreme weight loss or gain.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Buttock implants versus Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer)

+1

Hi there-

In my opinion, all other things being equal, augmentation of the buttocks using the patient's fat is far superior to implants.

As long as technique is meticulous and the surgeon experienced, fat transfer (Brazilian Butt Lifting) provides a long term augmentation, with the look and feel of natural buttocks, without the concerns and risks of implants.

It is very important that you find a surgeon very experienced in this technique.

Armando Soto, MD

Butt implants

+1

The reason they are done rarely here is because of the malpractice problems in the USA. In south america no one sues the doctor even if they have problems.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Buttock implants versus fat injections for gluteal augmentation

+1

This is a newer area of plastic surgery and in my opinion the jury is still out on what is the best approach. In my opinion, the implants currently available in the United States are not as good as what is available in other parts of the world (Brazil). At this time I prefer fat injections which I think feel more natural and have fewer problems than implants.

John Burns, MD

Fat transfer to the buttocks is superior

+1

Fat transfer to the buttock is superior. Once it takes it is permanent. You probably will not lose it easily.

Buttock implants are good alternative but like breast implants they require maintanance.

Absoultely not

+1

Your concerns are very reasonable. I have performed many Buttocks Implants and Fat Grafting procedures. There is no question in my mind, from over 12 years experience with both of these procedures, that the Fat Grafting procedure is a MUCH safer and far superior procedure to Butt implants in every possible way.

The only patients I would consider Butt implants on are those who have absolutely no fat to transfer. Many patients of mine have opted to gain some weight so that they can have enough fat to transfer to their buttocks. This works beautifully, because just about anywhere you gain it, we can suck it back off. Either procedure can potentially be life long lasting, but with Buttocks implants you are likely to need or want to have them removed at some point due to problems. I don't expect to ever see patients coming back years later to have their fat removed, because it is all natural.

As far as losing the fat. I have never seen this happen with my technique. I have seen patients of mine over 10 years after their surgery that looked as good then as they did 3 months after the surgery.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Butt implants vs. fat transfer

+1

Butt implants are more common in Central and South America, probably because they have more access to implants designed for that purpose. I don't like to bash procedures that I don't do, but I have occasionally treated butt implant complications from other surgeons. The procedure has a high rate of complications, some minor, others not so minor. Even if everything goes well, the look is sometimes a little strange. Like breast implants, you shouldn't consider them permanent. Someday you'll be having additional surgery.

Fat transfer on the other hand, uses your own fat, and the fat that survives the procedure and healing phase (most, if done properly and with the right equipment) can be considered "permanent". Of course there are potential complications, like anything else, but I believe it's a better procedure, and can yield a more natural result. If you are very thin, however, it could be an issue harvesting enough fat to transfer.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon