Can You Feel Butt Implants when You Sit Down?

If I get butt implants, will I be able to feel the implants when I sit down?  Will I be able to tell there's something artificial in there?

Buttock augmentation patients often feel normal with implants

+5

Most of my buttock augmentation patients feel they are part of them. As with breast implants, patients tend to feel that implants are incorporated into their body and self image and do not think about them. Some of the buttock implants used now are softer than previously used. It also helps if you have a decent amount of padding or fatty tissue to cover the implants.

Feel of buttocks implants

+4

The process of healing for buttocks implant procedure requires the formation of a scar tissue around the implants. This will keep the implant from moving.This process starts at one week and is maximal at six weeks. After that, the palpability will decrease, but it takes four to six months for the implants to be incorporated in the body image where patient will forget about them. Overall palpability is directly related to the amount of fat present.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Sitting on buttock implants

+3

Technically, the area that we sit on is a bit lower than where the mass of our buttock is.  We actually sit on the region where the upper thigh (hamstring) meets the lower buttock.  Like any implant placed into the face or body, initially your mind is very in tune to it but over time (3-6 months or so) your  mind acclimates to it and you rarely realize it is there.  Hope this helps...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Can you feel the implants when sitting

+3

If done appropriately, you should not feel of your butt implants when sitting. In fact, if you notice, you actually don't sit on the area of your butt when implant will be placed. You sit on the lower portion of your butt also known as the ischial region. Butt implants are placed in a position higher than this. It is also important to remember that Butt implants come in many different shapes and sizes to accommodate the many different shapes that patients come in. To get a great result, your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon that has a great deal of experience with butt augmentation and in using Butt implants. They will be able to evaluate you determine which will help me your aesthetic goals.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Feeling Buttock Implants

+3

Thanks for the question - You will be able to feel the buttock implants. They can be quite noticeable when you sit. It is similar to what a patient may feel if they have breast implants of significant size and lay on their stomach. In our San Francisco office we prefer to use autologous fat transfer (the Brazilian Butt Lift) because of its natural feel (its your own fat) and a significantly smaller number of long term complications that can be associated with placing buttock implants. Do some research on this technique as an alternative. I hope this helps.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Butt implants

+3

Although you may be able to "feel" buttock implants when sitting for a time after the surgery, the implants usually become incorporated into your body self image, and after awhile, are perceived to be just part of the buttocks.

In other words, your brain believes them to be a part of your body (mind over matter). The same is true for breast implants, which merely become "part" of the body after a few months post insertion.

Buttock implants are slightly more firm than breast implants, but the same incorporation into the self body image holds true.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Can you feel buttock implants?

+2
Yes, it is normal to feel your buttock implants when you sit, walk, or run.  Over time you will become used to the implants and will not even notice that they are there.  Apart from an augmented size, you will not be able to see the the edges of the implant or tell that they are there.  However, if you desire a more natural enhancement then you may want to consider fat graphting because you won't feel it when you sit down. 

Jaime Perez, MD

Should feel quite natural

+2

I agree with the surgeons who say you should not feel the implants. They should be placed in the muscle or at least under the muscle fascia. They should feel like firm muscle.

You do not sit on them, they are placed above where you sit.

Best wishes

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Sitting on Buttock implants

+2

In the majority you will feel the implant, both when you sit and when you try to feel the buttock, you may be able to feel the upper or the lower edge of the implant. This happens inspite of the fact that we use the softest silicone implats.

Maybe in the near future when we get the new generation of memory gel we will be able to use them as buttock implants and not be felt.