Can You Feel Butt Implants when You Sit Down?

If I get butt implants, will I be able to feel the implants when I sit down?  Will I be able to tell there's something artificial in there?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Buttock implants feel

+1

Dear anon,

In order to avoid feeling of the implants you have to find a plastic surgeon who uses the right technique and the right implants. The right technique is to place the implants deep and high. I prefer to place the implant under the muscle fascia as oppose to, in the muscle because of patients comfort and less compication. I place it high enough above the crease because the skin is thinner at the lower buttock and the implant can be palpable. That also prevent feeling the implants when sitting because it is high and the sitting takes place mainly  on the Ischial bone.  The softness of the implants is crucial too. Soft silicone , makes the implant feel almost like the buttock tissue. In summary, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who performed lots of buttock implants. Check the before and after results and if possible ask to talk or even meet with a patient who had the surgery.

Dr Widder 

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Feel of buttocks implants

+3

The process of healing for buttocks implant procedure requires the formation of a scar tissue around the implants. This will keep the implant from moving.This process starts at one week and is maximal at six weeks. After that, the palpability will decrease, but it takes four to six months for the implants to be incorporated in the body image where patient will forget about them. Overall palpability is directly related to the amount of fat present.

Buttock augmentation patients often feel normal with implants

+3

Most of my buttock augmentation patients feel they are part of them. As with breast implants, patients tend to feel that implants are incorporated into their body and self image and do not think about them. Some of the buttock implants used now are softer than previously used. It also helps if you have a decent amount of padding or fatty tissue to cover the implants.

Butt implants

+3

Although you may be able to "feel" buttock implants when sitting for a time after the surgery, the implants usually become incorporated into your body self image, and after awhile, are perceived to be just part of the buttocks.

In other words, your brain believes them to be a part of your body (mind over matter). The same is true for breast implants, which merely become "part" of the body after a few months post insertion.

Buttock implants are slightly more firm than breast implants, but the same incorporation into the self body image holds true.

Should feel quite natural

+2

I agree with the surgeons who say you should not feel the implants. They should be placed in the muscle or at least under the muscle fascia. They should feel like firm muscle.

You do not sit on them, they are placed above where you sit.

Best wishes

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Sitting on buttock implants

+2

Technically, the area that we sit on is a bit lower than where the mass of our buttock is.  We actually sit on the region where the upper thigh (hamstring) meets the lower buttock.  Like any implant placed into the face or body, initially your mind is very in tune to it but over time (3-6 months or so) your  mind acclimates to it and you rarely realize it is there.  Hope this helps...RAS 

Can you feel the implants when sitting

+2

If done appropriately, you should not feel of your butt implants when sitting. In fact, if you notice, you actually don't sit on the area of your butt when implant will be placed. You sit on the lower portion of your butt also known as the ischial region. Butt implants are placed in a position higher than this. It is also important to remember that Butt implants come in many different shapes and sizes to accommodate the many different shapes that patients come in. To get a great result, your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon that has a great deal of experience with butt augmentation and in using Butt implants. They will be able to evaluate you determine which will help me your aesthetic goals.

Sitting on Buttock implants

+2

In the majority you will feel the implant, both when you sit and when you try to feel the buttock, you may be able to feel the upper or the lower edge of the implant. This happens inspite of the fact that we use the softest silicone implats.

Maybe in the near future when we get the new generation of memory gel we will be able to use them as buttock implants and not be felt.

Feeling Buttock Implants

+2

Thanks for the question - You will be able to feel the buttock implants. They can be quite noticeable when you sit. It is similar to what a patient may feel if they have breast implants of significant size and lay on their stomach. In our San Francisco office we prefer to use autologous fat transfer (the Brazilian Butt Lift) because of its natural feel (its your own fat) and a significantly smaller number of long term complications that can be associated with placing buttock implants. Do some research on this technique as an alternative. I hope this helps.

Can You feel Butt Implants?

+1

B

Most of my patients report that they can feel it, but it becomes a part of their body image  after they get used to them. In the beginning, they may feel strange and will be slightly visible in thin patients when implants are placed above the muscle.

Your brain will believe that it is a natural party of your body and accepts it. You do not actually sit directly on the implant, but a bit lower on an area called the ischial region of the upper thighs.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/buttock-augmentation/