Butt Augmentation or Implant for a Plus Size Woman?

Hello Doctors! I have a question about buttock implants / augmentation. I am a plus size woman (5’7” 200 lb) who is not interested in losing weight. I would just like rounder larger buttocks. I love my thick figure, but my butt is a little too flat. What is your feeling on this? Would any of you help a Diva out? Thanks in advance!

Booty on

+2

Lady Dee,

You could be a candidate for either a fat transfer or implant buttock augmentation. Each procedure has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, some of which may be pertinent to you depending on what your physical characteristics are. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would provide a better understanding of your needs and goals, and help you decide which procedure might be best for you. Good luck!

Full Size women best for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Best Butt Implant/Augmentation for plus size women

There are two procedures for you: the Brazilian Butt Lift (lipoinjection) and the Butt

Augmentation. Fat transfer (lipoinjection) involves harvesting fat from an unwanted area, and then

preparing it for transfer where it is injected into the buttocks as a living transplant. Butt

Augmentations involve having an implant inserted into your ischial region, a little above

where you sit. The safer and better choice would be the Brazilian Butt Lift, since there

is little discomfort with fat transfer and activities are allowed much faster than a buttock

implant procedure. However, it does involve removing fat from an area in your body, so that

area will look more shapelier than before.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Butt Augmentation or Implant for a Plus Size Woman

+1

While you sound like a candidate for either fat transfer (brazilian butt lift) or butt implants, the brazilian butt lift is generally the safer and more effective procedure. The fat would be reallocated from one spot to another.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to build a bigger butt

+1

You sound like a good candidate for fat transfer for butt augmentation (a Brazilian butt lift).  One thing, though--you mention that you love your thick figure and have no interest in losing weight..  Fat would need to be removed from some body areas, then used to build your larger buttocks.  The areas where fat is removed would obviously appear smaller.    Be sure to discuss with your board-certified plastic surgeon what your expectations and goals are.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Fat transfer for buttock augmentation

+1

Based on your height and weight, you would likely be a good candidate for buttock augmentation via fat transfer.  The fat could be taken from your abdomen, lower back, sides and possibly thighs.  The fat is then treated with antibiotics and carefully injected into the area of your buttock which needs more fullness.  This would give you a much better and more natural result than gluteal silicone implants, which are reserved for very thin patients who do not have much fat to donate to the buttock area.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in fat transfer to the buttock prior to scheduling this procedure.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD