I Had Butt Implants Done About 6 Months Ago. Would It Be Risky to Get a Tattoo on my Butt?

i would like to know if theres a possibilitie that i can get a tattoo on my butt. would it affect my implants?

Buttock Implant

+2

Consult your surgeon.

Provided you have completely healed the only potential risk is INFECTION.

It's probably safe to get a tattoo.

+1

Hello Jenni29,

You are far enough out from buttocks implant surgery that you can probably get a tattoo on your buttocks quite safely.  Just make sure you go to a clean tattoo studio so that you don't get other more worrisome types of infections.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Not at all.

+1

Buttock implants are characteristically placed in a surgically constructed pocket that is at depth well below the skin surface. Since the tattoo needle pierces only the upper layer of the skin there is no risk that it will enter the implant pocket and or penetrate the implant itself. Consequently, no harm can come to the implant .

David A. Ross, MD

Tattoo after Buttock Implants

+1

Barring any delayed healing problems, a tattoo should be ok 6 months post-op.  Always best to ask your operating surgeon for final clearance.  Best of luck...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD