Is it Okay To Get Butt Implants With Protein S Defiency? Can I Take Lovenox After?

I have a genetic called protein s defiency..I want to get butt implants and I want to know if it is ok to take lovenox after the surgery to prevent clotting or will it make me bleed more with implant..and is it still ok for me to have the surgery even though I have the protein s defiency..the surgeon I talked to recommends lovenox after 48 hrs after the sugery but my hematologist wants me to start right after surgery..what do you think..

Plastic Surgery in Patient with Protein S Deficiency

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Protein S defiency is a condition associated with thrombosis or abnormal ( and overaggressive blood clotting).  Prior to consideration for buttock implant surgery you would require clearance by a hematologist as well as a post-operative protocol which would likely include low molecular weight heparin.

Kindest Regards, 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Buttock Implants with Protein S Deficiency

+1

It is possible to get Buttock Implants with Protein S Deficiency as long as the proper precautions are taken. In this case I would favor the recommendations of your hematologist and start the Lovenox right after surgery.  best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD