What is the Recovery Time for Butt Implant Removal?

Had my surgery 6 weeks ago, about 3 weeks in begin having pain on my left cheek and leg. It looks bigger then the right side, I can barely walk and have has a seroma. It is hard and extremely painful and I believe it to be capsular contracture however my surgeon seems to not want to take into consideration I am so unhappy, should I push to remove? What is the recovery time for removal?

Butt Implant

+2

The capsule need  to be removed completely(total capsulectomy). and drains placed  Recovery is about 3 weeks 

Removal of buttock implants

+2

There is no definitive timeframe for removing buttock implants.  My policy is, if there is a complication without a conservative remedy and/or the patient is truly unhappy and positive they want the implants out than that is enough indication for me.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD

+1

Removal of butt implants in an uncomplicated case does not involve a great deal of recovery.  You will need to avoid strenuous activity for several weeks.  After you have healed you may want to consider the Brazilian buttlift, which I have performed successfully even in thin patients.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Buttock Implant Seroma

+1

The first issue is to treat the buttock implant seroma. This should be aspirated if it is significant and see if it returns. If it fails to resolve with repeated aspirations then the implants can either be removed or a drain placed. You have invested considerable effort in getting the implants so it would seem reasonable to attempt to try and salvage the one that has a problem. It would also be helpful to know if your buttock implants are either intramuscular or subfascial in location.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD