Will Butt Exercises Increase my Butt Size?

I currently am deciding on whether or not to have a bbl. But I want to exercise more to 1 be a good candidate for the procedure & 2 b in shape as well. If I go through with the bbl can I do butt exercises to increase shape without loosing fat in the buttocks?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

A healthy lifestyle is always encouraged and welcomed. This does not however ensure that you will retain more or less fat cells.

In my patients, they can expect between 60-80% of the fat to survive. The survival rate depends both on the genetics of your body and the skill of the surgeon. Post surgery, you should follow the plan laid out to you by your surgeon, and avoid putting pressure on your backside (sitting) when possible.

My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area who specializes in the BBL, and set up an in person consult. An in person consult with an an ASPS board certified surgeon is the only way to determine the best route for your body and your goals.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

-Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Exercising will help tone muscles.

Exercising can help tone the muscles in the buttocks, which will give it a firmer and more lifted shape, squats and lunges done correctly will increase the size of the glutes, and by extension increase the size of the of the buttocks. This may not give the shape, size, or speed of the result desired, but exercises do help. I advise all my patients to perform these exercises, after the procedure. 
In regard to being a good candidate for a butt lift, this procedure is only limited by the amount of excess fat that can be removed from the body and injected into the buttocks. Your doctor will be able to assess whether your body has a sufficient amount of excess fat that would be necessary for this procedure.

BBL vs exercise

As a bodybuilding competitor myself, and my wife a soon to be PRO figure competitor, I'd have to say I always recommend the exercise route to increase buttock size and shape.  "Glutes" are the rage right now among the women bodybuilding scene.  Its everyone focus.  It takes time, and lot of hard work.  But results are very attainable.  
BBL is a permanent change in distribution of where you gain and lose fat.  Doing lot of butt exercises will enhance the result in combination with BBL, IF body fat is NOT reduced.  When you start losing body fat, you will lose the BBL fat.  But if you gain back your weight, it will come back. 
hope that helps!
Dr M

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Effect of Butt Exercises on Shape And Size

Thank you for your question. Gluteal exercises will change and enhance the shape of your butt, and there are no problems with continuing to exercise up to the day of surgery.
As for the possibility of losing fat, we forget that the fat grafted into the butt came from another location. That means the transferred fat will behave like the fat from its original location. So if you lose enough weight to cause fat loss from the donor area, you will see some volume loss in your butt as well. Also, the volume loss is from shrinking of the fat cells, not from actually losing the fat cells (fat cell death and removal).
Happy exercising!

Exercise Impacts Buttock Contour

It’s not unusual for patients to be eager to resume normal exercise routines following brazilian butt lift surgery.It’s also not unusual for them to be concerned about how exercise will affect the results of this procedure.
In most cases we recommend that patients avoid strenuous activity for at least eight weeks following surgery.Exercise can impact the results of brazilian butt lift surgery in two significant ways.In some cases, exercise can lead to enlargement of the buttock muscles.This can have a positive affect by improving the contour and muscle tone of the buttock area.In other cases, exercise can result in generalized weight loss. This weight loss is typically proportionate to the weight loss in the surrounding areas.This will ultimately have minimal impact on the contour and aesthetics of the buttock area.
If you have concerns about the impact of exercise on brazilian butt lift surgery, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to discuss how exercise impacts this procedure and alleviate your concerns.

Butt exercises might help you tighten the gluteal muscles and maybe increase their size a little bit depending on what kind of exercises (isometric or isovolumic) you do and on how vigorously you do them. They will not get you to the volume and shape you get with a BBL. Also perfoming butt exercises after a BBL should not affect your BBL results as long as your metabolism remain stable and you do not loose weight.

Shady Hayek, M.D.

Beirut, Lebanon

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

Will Butt Exercises Increase my Butt Size? #BBL #exercise

A healthy lifestyle with exercise and nutrition is always encouraged.  The various exercises to increase the size of your butt may help out some to enlarge the muscles, yet it does not contour your shape.  You can be in great physical shape yet have a relatively poor buttock contour.  So the answer is yes, please exercise and give it a chance to see if your enlarged buttock will suffice.  If not then the Brazilian Buttock Lift would assist in providing shape and size to not only your buttock, but to your overall body contours.

It will shape you up but for volume you need fat transfer. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

Butt exercise after BBL

There is no problem doing butt exercises after a BBL. Exercising after BBL will only enhance the shape of your buttocks and will not harm the results of the fat transfer. Buttocks exercise will tone and firm the muscles helping improve buttocks shape and lifting the overlying fat and skin. 

Stanley Castor, MD

Will buttock exercises help me with brazilian butt lift

It is always a good idea to exercise. You will have better shape and a larger musculature will allow us to have a larger site for fat injection

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS