Butt Augmentation with Fat Grafting: Is It Realistic to Expect Perfect Results?

Perfect buttock augmentation results is a matter of preference

+2

What is considered a perfect result for buttock augmentation? Some of my patients feel that a perfect buttock is a very large one, while others want a purky one. I also have patients that want wider hips and curvy figure.  In my opinion it is possible to get the "perfect buttock" as long as you don't have unreasonable expections and know that there are limitations depending where you start from. it is also easier to give you that Perfect Beverly Hills Buttocks when you have a lot of fat to give for fat grafting.

+1

A few thoughts for you

“A beautiful thing is never perfect.”

“The artist who aims at perfection in everything achieves it in nothing.” - Voltaire

“Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.” - Dali

“Perfectionism is slow death” - Prather

“Perfectionism is the enemy of creation, as extreme self-solitude is the enemy of well-being.”

As perfectionistic and gifted as a surgeon may be, no ethical surgeon can promise you perfection and you will be thoroughly disappointed if you expected it. All we can do is pick our patients wisely, pick the right operation for the particular circumstances and do the best we can.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

What is a "perfect" result...

+1

A "perfect" result is when the outcome has met the expectations of the patient.   Whether you will be happy with your outcome all depends on your expectations.   An experienced board certified plastic surgeon will be able to tell you honestly if you are a good candidate and will help you understand what is realistic in terms of what can be achieved.  Depending on where you start (how your buttock looks now) will help determine what can realistically be achieved.  I hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift results.

+1

Talk to your surgeon and ask them what results you can expect.  Better candidates have better results.  Make sure you choose a surgeon with lots of experience doing the procedure.

Expectations with fat transfer to the buttock

+1

There is no such thing as a perfect result.  However most patients will have excellent results with fat transfer to the buttock for augmentation.  Patients who are the best candidates are those who end up having the best results.  Good candidates will have enough fat to remove(ex. from abodmen, thighs, lower back) in order to transfer it to the desired area (buttock). Remember that some of the fat will dissolve over the course of the first few months after surgery, so this needs to be taken into consideration.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Perfect Results with Fat Grafting

+1

In cosmetic surgery, the most important criteria in the doctor-patient relationship is realistic expectations.   Perfect results are not always possible based on patient anatomy and surgical limitations.  It is important that the doctor and patient effectively communicate on this.   It is possible to achieve very natural results with fat grafting to the buttock, that was not possible with previous implant techniques.   Take time to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to fully understand the expected outcomes and limitations of cosmetic surgery.   I wish you a safe and happy result.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Perfect result

+1

Only GOD can give you perfect results.

In surgery you need to have REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. iF YOU WANT PERFECTION DO NOT DO THE SURGERY.

It is NEVER realistic to expect PERFECT results in aesthetic surgery!

+1

Hi there-

I am happy to say that I perform a great many buttock enhancement procedures, and that because of our large experience our patients are very happy with their experiences and outcomes as a rule...

But I will also tell you that even very experienced surgeons have patients who are occasionally less than completely satisfied, and that on the rare occasion when this has occurred in my own practice it was because of a disconnect between what could be realistically achieved surgically, and what the patient was expecting.... despite my very best efforts to help her understand what was realistic, and despite her agreement that she understood.....

Please know that while the procedures are safe and effective, miraculous transformations and "perfect" outcomes are not reasonable to expect, or responsible to offer. A reputable plastic surgeon should be able to help you understand what is possible for you- but it's your job to listen carefully and understand.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS