Butt Augmentation Using Fat Graft from Abdo, Flanks, Back & Thighs?

Hello, Is it possible to also use lipo of inner thighs in addition to hips, abdo, flanks and back to augment buttocks? I have seen talk of lipo being categorized by # of areas. What constitutes 1 area (is entire abdo 1 area etc)? What's the max recovery time (off work) for such procedures? & how long before one can wear a bikini without the procedure being noticeable? Lastly, where would the small incisions be located typically? I have been unable to find pics of what the scars look like.

Fat injection for buttock augmentation/Brazilian Butt lift

+1

Fat grafting is certainly an excellent option for buttock augmentation. The fat can be harvested from any area where there is excess, but the usual areas are the abdomen and also the flanks and the back area above the buttocks. This gives one the added advantage of making the buttocks more prominent by removing the extra fat around the buttocks. The fat is then processed in a number of different possible ways and injected carefully into multiple tunnels to optimize the permanent take of the graft. The scars should be quite inconspicuous. The injection sites are usually about 2 mm in length and the harvest sites are usually about 1 cm in length. Good luck.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Buttock augmentation with Fat is gaining in popularity

+1

Buttock augmentation with your own fat from liposuction is a two for one dream!  Yes-the fat can be taken from any areas that have excess fat.  The variable with Fat transfer is that some of the fat absorbs, and so the final result may take many months, and some patients want more injected after this happens.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift

+1

It is common to liposuction multiple areas to get as much fat as possible for this procedure.  In my practice, I routinley have to liposuction the abdomen, flanks, inner thighs, lower back, upper back and saddle bags.  The fat transfer technique differs for different plastic surgeons.  So look at their picture gallery to make sure that you are happy with what you see.  Bruising and swelling can last anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.  By 6 weeks, you should be able to wear a bikini.  For incisions, different people put them in different areas.  So look at their pictures.  You can see our gallery at the following link.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Fat grafting to buttocks

+1

Dear Kim,

I use fat from any possible location in the body and it all works fine. There is some theoretical evidence that fat is better taken from some areas over others for fat grafting but it all works. It depends more on how it is extracted and processed, and less on the location. Hope this helps. Thank you, Dr. Romano

James Romano, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift & Butt Lifting

+1

Dear Kim,

Yes, elevation of the buttock region is a common procedure perform to augment the area of the buttocks which will assist with elevation of upper-central portion of the buttock.  It is a pretty straight forward procedure where we harvest fat from the flanks, abd, inner and outter thighs, and reintroduce it into the area of the buttocks which needs aumentation.  The incisions are small (miliimeters) with only a few days downtime so that you can return to work ASAP.  Please call our office as I am happy to discuss this procedure in more detail with you. -Richard Ellenbogen, MD FACS

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Areas of liposuction needed for a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

Any area where you have excess fat can and likely will be used during a Brazilian buttock lift (fat transfer to the buttock). Usually the abdomen is one area, the outer thigh is one area, the inner thigh is one area, etc. Since about 30% of the transferred fat will shrink and atrophy, I prefer to use as much fat as possible in order to achieve the best results (fullness of buttock). I would plan on taking one to two weeks off from work and avoid sitting for about two weeks. You may want to wait a month or two before you're comfortable wearing a bikini. The scars are quite small (less than 1cm) and usually heal without any problems.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs a lot of these surgeries before scheduling this procedure.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Using inner thigh fat for buttothe Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The Brazilian Butt lift, or what I term the Brazilian Butt Fill involves the reshaping of the buttocks and filiing them with one's own fat. Amongst the many advantages of this tecnique versus the use of implants is the attainment of a natural result and the added benefit of improvement in the contour of the donor sites. Fat can be taken essentially from any place; the inner thighs is used very commonly. Other areas include the abdomen, hips, kness arms and upperback. Which areas are used depends upon how much fat is needed, which areas seem to have a large quantity of fat and the preference of the patient. Often multiple areas are used. When performing only buttock augmentation I don't charge by the number of areas that are used; that is only done when liposuction alone is performed. In Buttock augmentation the fee is charged regardless of which area(s) are used. If in addtion to the buttock augmentation a patient also wants to flatten the abdomen, for eample, as much as possible, more so than what is needef for the buttocks I usually charge a small surcharge.

George Lefkovits, MD