Which is Better Butt Augmentation or Butt Injection For My Size?

4 ft 11 125 lbs had three prior c sections

Butt Augmentation

+1

The two most common and effective ways to augment buttocks are fat transfer (brazilian butt lift) and butt implants. The Brazilian Butt Lift is by far the safer and more effective procedure. As a result, patient satisfaction is much higher with the Brazilian Butt Lift than butt implants. The primary limitation with the Brazilian Butt Lift is that you need to have sufficient fat to achieve your augmentation goals.

Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants for Butt Augmentation?

+1

When it comes to Buttocks Augmentation as well as any surgery, you always want to have the procedure that gives you the best results as well as have the safest surgery possible.  When patients come to my office and inquire about Buttocks Augmentation, I always recommend the Brazilian Butt Lift as a first choice and Butt Implants as a big step down to second choice.  The complication rate with the Brazilian Butt Lift is significantly lower than Butt Implants.  The results are significantly better with the Brazilian Butt Lift as well when it comes to feel, as well as shape options.  Many patients desire an "hourglass" shape which requires filling out the lateral buttocks and hip area. This cannot be done with Butt Implants. I have done many Butt Implants with good success.  But, I have never achieved results similar to what I have attained with the Brazilian Butt Lift.   If you are a candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift, I would definitely recommend that as a better procedure.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazillian butt lift or butt implants?

+1

The brazillian butt lift technique uses your own fat to increase and reshape your butt. When I see patients who want to increase the projection or shape of their butt, my first question is " where do you have unwanted fat and how much fat do you have? " if you have enough fat you may be a candidate for a brazillian butt lift. I sometime ask patients to gain weight . Butt implants would be another option if the patient does not have enough fat. You should be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon who is very familiar with the procedure. 

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Augmentation) vs Butt Implants

+1

The most important step in any plastic surgery procedure is a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  If you have slight excess or excess body fat you are probably a candidate for fat augmentation to the buttocks.  I prefer fat augmentation as the results are more natural and there are less problems with infection and extrusion of a large implant.Implants are a great option for many area of the body,especially small implants.  In general, the larger the implant the more associated complications. The buttock implants are large,placed in an area where initial incisions may be easily contaminated and prone to a higher rate of infections, and stressed daily by the pressure and force of the patient sitting on the implants.

My first choice and the procedure I think is a great for restoring a youthful body contour is fat augmentation to the buttock or the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Butt Augmentation versus Butt Injection (or Brazillian Butt Lift)

+1

The best way to decide which is better to enhance the size of your butt is to seek a consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon.  Generally, the decision is guided by:  your overall medical health,  how much excess fat you have to transfer, how large you want to go, and whether you wish to have a "permanent" augmentation.

Generally speaking, I prefer fat transfer - the so called "Brazillian Butt Lift" for patients that have areas they want to liposuction anyway and thus they have fat to transfer; and I offer gluteal implants for those patients that want to have enhancement of their bottom but simply don't have excess fat to transfer.  This is when it's lucky to have some areas of excess fat ("yeah!").  For patients that simply wish to have a permanent result (although I have to tell you that a lot of my fat transfer patients seem to have an extremely long lasting result and it's very rare for patients to come in for more enhancement), they may elect implants.

Implant design has come a long way, and there are many variations on size and shsape so that each is slected depending on the patient's exam, and the results appear "natural."

Ghada Afifi, MD