Will Doing a Butt Augmentation and Tummy Tuck at the Same Time Be Possible or Too Uncomfortable?

I was originally going to thigh lift with my tummy tuck but am now considering taking the fat to be removed from my tummy and transfering it to my butt if possible to do at one time. Is this possible? Or will it be too uncomfortable to sleep on?

Butt Augmentation and Tummy Tuck at the Same Time

+2

Although it may be hard to find a comfortable position for a while, this is not an uncommon combination procedure. One advantage is the ability to use the fat from the abdomen that would otherwise be discarded if the two procedures were done separately. I would say the combined discomfort would be less than for TT plus thigh lift. 

All the best. 

Abdominoplasty and a BBL combination

+1

Timing and planning of multiple surgical procedures is a common question and patient concern.  Combining an abdominoplasty and liposuction with a BBK is not an unusual request.  There is a slightly higher risk of complications with this combination.  The main concern is intraoperative positioning and the length of the surgical procedure.    As long as you are in good physical health and have no overriding medical conditions you should be a good candidate. With this combination the highest priority has to be safety and the prevention of DVT and PE.

Brazilian Buttlift and Tummy Tuck at the Same Time

+1

Recovery will always be an issue with this combination.  The main issue will be how well the fat survives in the Brazilian buttlift.  You should not sit or rest on your buttocks for the first 6 weeks or so.  If you are comfortable sleeping on your sides or resting on your sides, the combination could be done.   Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Go ahead and do the buttock surgery if this is the look you want. You may have some added discomfort, but it won't last too long. you will recover at the same rate if two procedures are done. Discuss this with your surgeon.Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD (retired)

BBL At Same Time As Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. I have perfomed them at the same time as well as a staged procedure.  Patients who have had it done at the same time have generally had more discomfort after surgery.  Additionally, it is preferable not to sit on your  buttocks directly for up to 6 weeks to give the fat grafts time to survive without pressure on them. It may also depend on how much fat you would need/want for your buttocks.  In the state of Florida, we are only allowed to remove 1000cc's of fat when liposuction is combined with a tummy tuck.  This may limit your results if more fat is desired. 

Brian Joseph  MD FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Brazilian Butt lift and tummy tuck

+1

During the examination and the size of your abdomen, one can determine how much surgical time is needed for the tummy tuck, for the liposuction and fat transfer.

It is important that you be in very good health and surgical time not to exceed 6 hours and use blood thinners to prevent blood clots.