What Are My Options If I Do Not Have Enough Fat For Much Needed Fat Transfers?

I was butchered by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He liposuctioned more than a dozen of the wrong parts, not only disfiguring me, but causing functional damage to my knees - he lipo'd the front of my knees for no reason and without my consent. He lipo'd my perfect calves without my consent and they are concave. I have damage from my abs to my calves all around my body and don't have enough fat for fat grafting to all the damaged parts. Do you know anyone who is doing fat multiplication?

Fat grafting when a patient is thin

+1

I have encountered patients who are so thin that fat grafting is very difficult. For the most part, however, patients have enough fat for correction of liposuction deformities. There is no such thing as fat multiplication. In people, as they gain weight, the fat cells get larger (they do not multiply). In a laboratory, fat cells can be grown and mulitplied, but transfer of these cells is not FDA approved and is completely experimental. You need to find a skilled plastic surgeon who has experience with fat transfer and ask his or her honest opinon.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections, need fat

+1

You may think that you do not have enough fat for fat injection but you may have enough. I sometimes have to harvest fat from different parts of the body such as the abdomen, back, thighs, arms etc to obtain enough fat. The fat is harvested with liposuction and  I use different size and style cannula for the different body areas. On occasion I have asked patients to gain weight  before the surgery, 10 to 20lbs depending on the need. Currently, there is no method to grow a person's fat cells.There is a new company that will freeze and keep you fat removed at liposuction to be used later if needed.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon