Could a busted stitch be felt internally?

I recently had a tummy tuck (6 Nov) and yesterday morning when I stretched, I literally felt something 'pop' internally just to the left of my navel. I now have a piercing pain (like a wire is poking me), in the exact same area, with any movement I make. What could this be and is it serious?

Pain Resulting From Tummy Tuck Stitch

+1

Thank you for your question. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said you need to be examined by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible. Only a physical examination can determine the cause of your pain.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Piercing pain 1 month after a tummy tuck.

+1

Greetings,

A sense of popping and pain on or near the abdominal wall (muscle) suture line could be a torn or failed suture in the tissue. If there is no deformity and the pain resolves, this is a problem that could be followed and observed. I strongly recommend that you return to your plastic surgeon now for an examination and his (her) diagnosis and treatment.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon