I Busted my Bottom Lip Open and then I Had It Stitched Back Together but There is a Fat Lump Now, What Can I Do to Get if Fixed?

I was at a bar one night and one thing lead to another and I got into a fight with someone, and ended up splitting open my bottom lip and needed 5 stitches. It has been 3 months now and I have a very uneven bottom lip, it is very noticeable, and I want to know what can be done to resolve it. The lump is like a hard ball and I just want my soft lips back. It just really gets me down and I am so self conscious about it. I have provided before & after pictures. Thank you Mike

Scar revision of the lips and face

+1

I would begin treatment early for this lip scar.  In my opinion, it will need specific excision and layered closure to coapt tissue planes.

Unneven Lips

+1

It sounds like you are feeling some hard scar tissue in your lips in the area of the previous trauma.  The unevenness can be fixed but it would require that it be surgically revised.

Kimberly Lee, MD