Bursitis on Elbow Caused Fat Loss In The Area, Can This Be Fixed? (photo)

I had a bursitis on my left elbow and the doctor did the punctation and inserted Depo Medrol. 5 months have passed and now when I bend my elbow it the skin is tight. And there is a formation of an inner scar and some small calcification near the olecreanon bone. the skin is very thin at the position of the elbow. And the doctor stated that he subcutaneous adipose tissue has completely disappeared. How can I solve this problem? Is there a possibility to insert the fat ?

Can fat help steroid atrophy?

+1

It works in most places I have used it for this purpose. I see no downside. It is like chicken soup in this instance...it cant hurt and it may help.

Fat transfer for subcutaneous tissue atrophy

+1
There is a possibility this could be helpful for your condition. It would need to be determined upon direct examination. I have injected fat into various areas for steroid atrophy before and it has received good patient satisfaction. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD