Burnt by laser Tattoo removal: Is this normal? (Photo)

Last year I started laser tattoo removal, was very painful and got burnt. The clinic said that it was normal to have alot of blisters after treatment. i have since been going to another clinic who were shocked when i showed them the photos. I have now got a bit of scarring, due to this the laser treatment is not picking the ink up too well now. Please see pictures attached. Is this normal?

Try the Picosure laser!

+1
Thank you for posting a photo of the area. My suggestion is to follow up with your doctor to make sure you are healing properly. Also learn more about the Picosure laser, this will permanently remove your tattoo without causing any harm to the surrounding tissue.

Tattoo removal

+1
Any laser treatment for a tattoo can result in a blister. I don't consider this to be out of the realm of normal. I assume the first photo is your current state. I see no scarring, but you do have some hypopigmentation which is also a known side effect of the treatments.

Lee E. Corbett, MD