Burnt Face from Photofacial? (photos)

I'm a dark skin Asian and I had my first photofacial yesterday, my face looks like burnt everywhere and bubbly with liquids is that normal? Please help!!

Melarase creams for an IPL burn

Application of Melarase creams and chemical peels may help reduce the risk of permanent skin discoloration after an IPL burn. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

There is a very high risk for developing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation when using laser on asian skin.  I strongly recommend that you see a dermatologist who can advise you on how to take care of these areas to prevent further issues.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

You need the services of an expert

It is very challenging to do some laser treatments on asian skin.  Your skin looks like it reacted very strongly with the laser that was used and will have to heal.  For Asian skin  sometimes there is what is know as "post inflammatory pigmentation" that can occur after treatment.  You are going to need help with healing the areas that were treated and vigorous prevention of pigmentation in those areas.  If you are not currently under the care of a dermatologist I would suggest that you see one as soon as possible to prevent further complications.

Margo Weishar, MD
Philadelphia Dermatologic Surgeon

909 Sumneytown Pike
Spring House, PA 19477