Discoloration and Burns in Previous Session, Should I Discontinue Treatment?

Hello Doctor, Presently I am undergoing laser hair removal treatment for my face. Upon completing my second session I got severe burns in my lower lip area. It is almost 3 weeks now, they just got healed and peeled off. I have a lighter skin(skin discoloration) in that burnt area. My 3rd session is scheduled in couple of weeks. Can I continue the treatment? Or do I need to wait for 2 more additional weeks to get those areas treated again. Will this discoloration become normal. Please advice!

Asses the burn before resuming laser treatments

+1

If someone has had a burn from a laser treatment, being evaluated to assess the severity of the burn and if there is any scarring would be prudent before proceeding with further treatment. The technician may want to reconsider the type of laser being used or the settings. Typically discoloration alone from laser hair removal treatment resolves, but may take some time. In the meantime strict sun protection is imperative.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon