Burning Sensation After Liposuction

I had liposuction done 2 months ago, but the burning sensation still hasn't gone away. I have to hold my stomach with pressure just to turn over in bed (to minimize the pain). My doctor said I should be doing full exercise with no restrictions, but just walking vigorously has exacerbated the situation. What if this isn't from the fat transfer? Any advise is helpful because he says he doesn't know what it could be. Thank you.

Liposuction and Recovery

+1

Dear Keekeeaz,

Discomfort after any surgery can be for a number of reasons. Most importatly - it is critical to get this resolved sooner than later.

Your surgeon must make sure that there is nothing physically wrong- you may need an ultrasound or CT scan to look at the area.

if you can localize the pain then massage the area 4 to 5 times a day- re-stimulate the pain, and take a pain killer to do this if necessary.

Alternatve treatments include accupuncture, massage by a therapist, ultrasound, homeopathics, topical electromagnetic devices ....... there are many.

With Warmest Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Unusual to have prolonged pain after fat transfer

+1

This sounds very unusual.

IF you doctor cannot provide you with a satisfactory explanation, you may want to seek a second opinion. There may be other conditions which could be responsible for your pain but are unrelated to the fat transfer such as a hernia. This may require special x-rays, ultrasound or other diagnositic imaging procedures