Burning Sensation After Surgery?

I am 20 days post-op from a breast lift /augmentation. I had an anchor incision with saline implants behind the muscle and lipo to the underarm areas. For the past week, I have a pretty bad burning sensation around the nipple and incision sites.i'm taking Ibuprofen nd it barely touches it. I asked my PS and he said it would probably resolve over time...Probably...I'm concerned that he wasn't more sure with his answer .Will this resolve with time? Pls advise.

Burning Sensation After Surgery?

+2

There are so many disturbances of sensation after breast surgery, and each is unique to the patient. The vast majority are harmless, and self-limited, thus not requiring treatment other than for relief of these temporary symptoms, and it is the rule to not have an explanation. 

However I would recommend an in person evaluation with your surgeon in case this symptom is the result of a fluid collection or infection, though neither seems likely based on what you have described.

All the best. 

Burning sensation after breast surgery

+2

Burning sensations can be many  different things including infection,. nerve issues, etc..  Make sure you do not have an infection and if concerned see your surgeon.

Burning Sensation after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+2

The types of sensations that you describe are commonly seen after breast surgery;  on the other hand, it is extremely unusual to have patients experience  these types of sensations longer-term.  In other words, the vast majority of patients “bad burning sensations” resolve over the course of the first several weeks.

I am sorry that I cannot be more specifically reassuring.