Burning Pain on Left Breast That Shoots Through Nipple at Incision Site

Pain started a few days ago with a slight burning sensation. Today breast is slightly larger than right breast and areola is very swollen/puffy. The pain is worse where there is a stitch sticking out and the area where the stitch is is turning pink. It's on the outer edge of the areola. I know some of this pain is normal but since I can see part of the stitch does this mean that area is becoming infected? I had a breast lift with augmentation. Feeling depressed. Thank you for your time.

Pain after surgery

+1

It is important that your surgeon evaluate you to rule out infection or others issues.  Post op paresthesias are common and usually resolve with time if no other pathology present.  Donald R. Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Pain after augmentation and lift

+1

One of the key things that you omitted to tell is when you had surgery. If you have redness over the area and pain perhaps you do have an infection. If it is jsut early post-op, perhaps it is normal. Hard to say without an exam or more information.  You should probably contact your surgeon.

Pain After Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

Without seeing the breast, it is impossible to determine what it is.  However, based upon your description, and taking into account the fact that you have an implant in the breast, I strongly urge you to be seen as soon as possible.  If it is an infection, time is of the essence.  You need to be treated before the implant gets seeded with bacteria.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Shooting pain after a breast lift with or with out implants is not unusual and almost always goes away

+1

With out knowing when you had your operation it is difficult to be sure what is going on with your breasts. It is not unusual for patients to have sharp shooting pains in their breast for a short period of time after breast lifts and or breast augmentation. The good news is they almost always go away by them selves. 

The stitch should be removed and this should help that discomfort. As to the question if there is an infection, it is common for there to be a reaction around a stitch which is coming out. This is called spiting a stitch. Once the stitch is out this should resolve with simple washing and antibiotic ointment. 

It is not uncommon for women to become depressed after cosmetic surgery. You have paid money to look better, you are having pain and are worried if thing are going right and will you be ok. The answer to all these worries is almost alway a great result that in time will give you what you were looking for. The hardest medicine to get patients to take is Tinter of Time. 

Web reference: http://www.drlentz.com