Is It Normal to Be Burning and Oozing 1 Week After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had a 3rd rhinoplasty exactly 1 week ago. The Dr. used a rib graft to rebuild parts of my nose. I am experiencing an intense burning sensation inside my nose all the way up near my eyes. My nose also is continuously oozing to the point where I still have to wear the drip pad. Is this normal?

Burning and Oozing 1 Week post Rhinoplasty

+2

Burning and drainage one week after a revision rhinoplasty is not normal. Please do not rely on our comments - talk to your surgeon.

Unusual Symptoms After Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery

+2

At one week out from nose surgery (primary or revision rhinoplasty), it would be unusual to have any significant amount of drainage or oozing. It would also be quite unusual to have the type of burning sensation that you described, especially up to the region of the eyes. I would consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon as soon as possible to rule out any complications. Wishing you the best. Dr. Hilinski

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty post op symptoms

+2

No.  Intense burning is not normal. You should contact your surgeon with these concerns.  This may be a sign of infection.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon