I Burned the Edge of my Lip and Part of my Cheek a Week Ago Just Wondering if the Red Mark on my Cheek is Permanent? (photo)

The red mark is about three centimeters long and clearly visible when I look in the mirror. A scab formed on the edge of my lip after three days, turned red and dropped off after six days. A new scab has appeared but it's a lot less prominent than the first one, but the red mark is still there.

I Burned the Edge of my Lip and Part of my Cheek a Week Ago Just Wondering if the Red Mark on my Cheek is Permanent?

+1

Seeing as you were just recently injured, this scar will likely improve over the next year. There are OTC and prescription scar gels that can help. You will also want to be diligent with sunscreen for the next 3 months to prevent darkening of the injured area. Consult with a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist for more specific advice. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon