Ask a doctor

I Burned my Face with a Glycolic Acid Peel What Should I Do? (photo)

Hi, Yesterday I did a 40% glycolic acid peel. This was my third one and I wated the recommended two weeks in between. I increased my leave on time to 6 minutes. At 5 minutes my face begin to burn. Now I am left with these burn marks and not sure what to do. I need help I can't see my doctor for another month. Is this normal? What products should I use? how serious is this? Will it go away?

Doctor Answers (1)

Melarase creams for burns from a chemical peel containing glycolic acid - Los Angeles


Glycolic acid burns should first be managed with local wound care followed by Melarase creams to prevent pigmentation of the skin. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference:

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

You might also like...