I have a large nose that is not only crooked, but also bulbous and has a dorsal hump. Can it be straightened out? (photo)

I was wondering if my nose could be straightened out, the hump removed, as well as it to look less bulbous.

Rhinoplasty to straighten, hump reduction and tip refinement

+1
From the photos it look like you might be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and your objectives seem reasonable. The consultation is really important as this is when your surgeon can assess your nose in relation to your other facial features and select a surgical plan for creating a natural looking nose. Computer imaging is also effecitve for helping to set your expectations about what is realistic. The most natural rhinoplasties usually require a series of small modifications to several parts of the nose. In your case, I would think that hump reduction with tip refinement is appropriate. Straightening the nose on front view is also possible, and a nasal examination would determine if the cause of the bend is a deviated septum or not - which can be corrected at the same time as the rhinoplasty if indicated.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to treat crookedness, bridge hump and bulbous tip

+1
Rhinoplasty can be used to create a straighter bridge profile line and refine the tip.

We can also work on making it as straight as possible (though it can be hard to make it perfectly straight).

You can read more about nasal hump removal at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal and crooked nose repair

+1
 The rhinoplasty procedure can straighten a crooked nose, reduce the bulbous tip, and remove the dorsal hump. The dorsal hump is composed of bone and cartilage must be  shaved down to remove it. A bulbous tip is narrowed and refined with suture technique  applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow and straighten the bridge line. For many examples of crooked nose repair and dorsal hump reduction rhinoplasty, please see the link below

Treatment of Large, Bulbous, Crooked Nose with a Hump

+1
I agree with your critique of your nose. These problems can be corrected with a septorhinoplasty by an experienced rhinoplasty speclist..

You will have straightened and sharpen nose

+1
Removing dorsal hump and correcting deviation for straighen the nose and sharpening the bulbous tip is the most sought after rhinoplasty. Techniques to correct these issues are fairly well described, you required only 5-7 days off the work.You should be able to achieve the nose you always dream for.

Milan Doshi, MBBS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

I have a large nose that is not only crooked, but also bulbous and has a dorsal hump.

+1
Yes. These are among the most frequently requested changes prior to rhinoplasty surgery. Seek a consultation with a rhinoplasty expert. Review lots of that surgeon's before and after photos and request video-imaging to simulate the ideal result. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes

+1
You have similar concerns regarding your nose that the population at large seeking a rhinoplasty has:  dorsal hump excess, deviation and bulbous tip.  Techniques to correct these issues are fairly well described and you should be able to achieve your desired result.  Best wishes!

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon