I have an old burn scar on the top of my arm which is over 10 years old. What options are available to reduce/remove?

Hello! I have an old burn scar on the top of my arm which is over 10years old. It is slightly raised however not too much. In regards to coloration it blends in rather well. However I am very eager to find some means of reducing its appearance or getting rid of it all together(if even possible)! Is there anything you would recommend I could look into? I have heard a lot about Micro-Needling at home? Or Scar Revision? My big concern is that it may end up looking worse! I don't know where to start.

Burn scar revision in Los Angeles

+1
Scar revision with laser resurfacing seems to work well on burn scars. Our office specializes in burn scar revision in Los Angeles.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Burn scar treatment

+1
There are recent advances in treating burn scars with lasers. These will not get rid of them but can significantly improve the appearance of them. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist with advanced fellowship training in laser surgery for this as its a very challenging issue to treat.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon