How Can I Get my Hot Wax Burn Scar Removed or Faded?

I have a burn scar on my thighk. Im of olive skin complexion the scar is pink/white coloured . The scar was caused by hot wax and the top layer from the skin was ripped off.

Burn Scar Removal

+1

Depending on what the scar looks like, you have various options.  If the scar is raised and red, the pulsed dye laser is often useful.   If the scar is white and bumpy, a series of treatments with a non-ablative fractional laser (such as Affirm or Fraxel) is useful.  Best to consult a board-certified dermatologist experienced in laser  to guide you.

Hot wax burn scar

+1

Thank you for your inquiry.  You did not include any photos and the information you provided is not enough to provide a quality focused evaluation.  There are several methods for scar revision that range from topical applications of specialty creams, silastic sheeting, needling, steroid injections, to surgical reconstruction with dermal substitutes and grafting.  Despite the variety of methods, none will remove a visible scar, but only hope to make them less visible.  Most of the burns caused by hot waxing for hair removal will be second degree in nature and self limited with satisfactory resolution expected over a year.  Best to seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon experienced with burn care or associated with a burn center.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Options depend upon nature of scar

+1

Depending upon the natureof your scar, staged excision, tissue expansion or flap repair might be helpful. The best option will be a matter of opinion based upon your exam and the experience of your surgeon.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Burn scar

+1

You did not state how old the scar is?  If it is new, you will have to let it mature if it was not full thickness.  If it healed quickly and only partial thickness, it may settle down over time and the color may not be that "off."  Hard to say withotu an exam.