What Can I Use to Prevent a Burn from Scarring Stomach?

I work in a pizza shop and was bending over the oven, and burnt my stomach yesterday. What can I use so it won't leave a scar?

Melarase AM and Melarase PM for a burn on the skin

+1
Our office specializes in scar treatment. Hyperpigmentation is the biggest problem here and I would advise you to begin using Melarase AM and Melarase PM to even out the color early in the healing process.   

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Burn treatment

+1

If the burn is still red and inflamed, keep the wound moist. You can use plain vaseline (head to head studies show it is as effective as more expensive products in scar healing) to keep it moist.  Also, keep it covered. Do not let a scab form. You can try a product called Biafine made by Neutrogena which is used for burns and has licorice as its active ingredient. After the wound is healed you can try a lightening agent like hydroquinone to lighten it.  If you can see a dermatologist you may consider alternating the vaseline with a steroid cream to bring down any redness in the initial few days.

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon

Burn from oven

+1

I suggest you see a dermatologist in your area. A product I have found to be useful for burns is topical hyaluronic acid, available by prescription. I would apply this at night before bedtime. Every morning, for 3 months, I would apply silicone gel sheeting (a couple of brands include Cicacare and Curad Scar Therapy available over-the-counter, just ask the pharmacist) and leave the sheeting on during the day.

I would expect you to have some residual pigmentation of the skin after the burn has healed so in 3 weeks, you can start applying some "bleaching agents" including hydroquinone.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist