I am 3.5 weeks post op. My breasts seem like they are becoming very uneven. Will my breasts even out? (photo)

I am 3.5 weeks post op. My breasts seem to becoming very uneven. Pre op my PS r/o a lift, but looking at how uneven the 2 are I'm concerned, will my breasts become more aligned with time? If a revision is needed in the future what are the usual options? I don't go in to see my PS for another 3 weeks. Thank you. I went from a 34 B & added 475 CC salines, under.

Breast and nipple asymmetry often requires a breast lift on the lower side after breast augmentation with implants

+1

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you are worried following your breast augmentation. As you say you had an asymmetry before surgery so some asymmetry is expected postop. To correct an asymmetry that involves different nipple position and breast size, a lift on the larger lower side is often needed. Dont wait to see your plastic surgeon the request an appointment now so you can ease your concerns.

3.5 Weeks after Breast Implants

+1

3.5 weeks after implants is a little too early to think about a revision.  However, after 3 months you will likely need a combination of procedures to make your breasts more symmetric.  You had breast asymmetry before surgery, and one side of your chest wall is wider than the other.  There will have to be some compromises made.

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1
I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is quite obvious in the photographs posted. It may be in your best interest to follow-up sooner with your plastic surgeon to rule out complications ( such as early breast implant encapsulation) that may explain the breast asymmetry. Otherwise, your plastic surgeon may have other advice for you to help improve the breast implant settling process (and symmetry).
It is possible, that if the breast symmetry does not improve over the course of the next few months, that revision surgery may be necessary/helpful. Exactly what what procedure will be helpful to you will depend on specific “diagnosis”, which can only be made after careful direct examination.

You will likely require a revision

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  Careful analysis and examination will be important to determine what is the cause of the asymmetry and what will be needed to correct it.  From your photos alone there appears to be at least a pocket issue.  There may also be a volume issue.  You may or may not need a lift as well.  This should be considered and utilized during the revision surgery if needed.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Uneven Breasts after Implants

+1

It is unlikely that your nipple positions will become more aligned and symmetric as time goes on. Based on your photos, you would benefit with a circumareolar lift on the left breast alone. This should create better symmetry in the appearance of your breasts.

Thank you for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Post op

+1

There does seem to be some asymmetry between the two sides. Do you have saline or silicone implants in place. You should follow up with your surgeon.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS