Will Bunched-up Skin from Tummy Tuck Tighten After Swelling?

I am 6 days post “custom” tummy tuck and am very concerned about what the results will look like. Once the swelling goes down, will I have a belly button? Will the bunched up skin go away?

I'm concerned I’ll still have extra skin and it won't be tight. I'm second guessing why my dr. recommended this incision type instead of the traditional horizontal bikini line incision. Is it okay to ask my doctor to fix it if I'm not satisfied? I have attached after picture.

Unfortunately, your results are very abnormal. Get a 2nd opinion

+3

Tummy tucks are a popular and effective way to recontour the abdomen. There are many techniques that exist for a tummy tuck and your results will depend on the techniques that were used.

Unfortunately, your results are very abnormal and like you, I am concerned that they will not improve over time.

Please allow your tissue to heal and get a second consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and determine if you have enough tissue to perform a standard tummy tuck to recreate your belly button and remove the excess skin and wrinkling. 

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Custom Tummy tuck

+1

This is not a tradtional tummy tuck incison but without knowing more details about the consultation and the procedure it is difficut to second guess your surgeon. There may have been an excellent reason for selecting this incision but it is not apparent here. Feel free to discuss your concerns and be wiling to give it time for the result to mature. Revision may be necessary and you should feel comfortable with this decision.

Custom tummy tuck?

+1

Just from the photo it looks like you had some sort of periumbilical skin tightening procedure.  I do not know the answer to your question specifically, but I have not been happy with these types of procedures in my hands.

Custom Tummy Tuck?

+1

I am not quite sure what was done to your tummy. Did you have an old scar in that area already? Also, was your surgeon a board certified plastic surgeon? If not, I would recommend a second opinion with a plastic surgeon.

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Not sure about your surgeon's custom Tummy Tuck incision

+1

I am unsure of why your surgeon chose this "custom" incision; did you already have a scar in the area? The scar should improve with time, as should the bunching. It looks like you will have a belly button, with the scar a semi-circle around it. It is always ok to discuss your results and healing progress with your plastic surgeon, this is an important part of our jobs and we expect it. Good Luck!

W. Tracy Hankins, MD