Bumpy Wavy Nose 11 Weeks Post Op. Permanent or Swelling? (photo)

I am now 11 weeks post op and I have been wondering about some bumps that give my nose a wavy look. I don't know if these bumps are permenent or if they are a result of swelling. I have been mildly sunburned 3-4 times since the surgery and I drink alcohol every now and then and I know these are things that increase swelling. I was wondering if it could be a cause of that and if I could have done any long term damage. Also I would like to know if I can expect my nose to improve significantly.

Bumpy Nasal Area After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to determined based on your photos the cause of the bumps you described and without physical examination one cannot confirm if the irregularities are because of the swelling.

That being said, you are at about three months post-op. So I recommend that you be a little more patient as final results are established at about 12 months post-op.

As for the sunburns and the alcohol consumption, both will slow the recover pace and that is not something you want to do as it could indirectly jeopardize the results of your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Bumpy Wavy Nose 11 Weeks Post Op. Permanent or Swelling?

+1

Very poorly exposed and positioned photos but I see some irregularities. In most cases this will slightly improve but you will see some residual even after 6 to 9 months. The only treatment would be re operation Sorry. 

Pemanent

+1

Protect your nose from the ultraviolet rays of the sun, but permanent damage is not likely since there has been no blunt trauma, etc.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon