Why Do I Have Bumpy Skin After Two Weeks of Lipo? What Can I Do?

I had lipo to remove my love handles two weeks ago. I drained for about a week and had 8 lymphatic massages and although having a difficult time finding a comfortable compression garment, I wear one every day. However, now that my skin is smoothing out,my left side is looking bumby and when I massage the area, I can feel the bumps and they hurt. I am now doing my own massages. What can I do to get rid of the bumps?

Bumpy skin after liposuction

+2

Dear Patient,

I wouldn't worry too much. Continue massaging and wearing your compression garment. You need to give it some time. If after three months you feel as though the bumps are still prominent, I would advise you consult with your physician.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Lumpiness post liposuction

+2
The lumps will likely resolve with time and conservative measures as the swelling and induration in the tissues resolves. Be patient. If they don't resolve your surgeon can always revise the area.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after liposuction

+2

Bumps after liposuction can happen due to several things possibly:  inadequate fat removal, fluid collections, and hematomas, or fat necrosis to name a few.  In most cases, this gets better with time.