Bumps One Year Post Rhinoplasty is this Normal?

I had rhinopasty over a year ago and two bumps remain on the side where the dorsal hump was removed.Since the nose was broken and pinched in, I now have an hour glass shape to it. Can it be further rasped down since the first attempt was too conservative in a doctors office or do I have to go through the whole operating room, general anethesia again? The side view looks good, but straight on it has a broken look to it.

Bumps After Rhinoplasty

+1

Especially since you are happy with the overall appearance of the nose other than what you describe, these small bumps can in fact be rasped and shaved down - rasping to remove the bony component, shaving to remove the cartilaginous component. A relatively straightforward procedure, with a low risk of problems.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps One Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing different views of your nose.  The revision you need may be quite minor or major based on the problem (which is impossible to identify without images)

Sam Naficy, MD

Bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

Sounds like you may need a revision.  It is difficult to determine what needs to be done without photos and exam.  Have your surgeon re-evaluate you.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

In general it sounds like your problem is easily fixable but without photos it is impossible to advise on what steps will be needed. the "bumps" you describe could just be the ends of the nasal bones if your middle vault is collapsed in causing the hourglass shape.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumps 1 Year after Rhinoplasty

+1

the bumps, which may be secondary to an open roof deformity where the bones are not together at the bridge following removal of your hump, can be corrected by repositioning the nasal bones. If the hour glass shape is caused by a collapse of the mid-portion of the nose spreader grafts may be necessary. Without pictures it is impossible for me to give you a specific diagnosis; consult with your surgeon or a physician who does revision rhinoplasty.