Why do I have bumps on only one side of my nose after rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty about 3 months ago to take a bump of my nose and have it narrowed. My left side of my nose is smooth and straight but my right side is bumpy and much more elavated than the left side. The bumps are also yellowish an look like bubbles under my skin. They are sponge like and hard. I'm wondering if this is bone or swelling or cartilage? In my pictures you can tell that the left side is much smoother than the right.

Why do I have bumps on only one side of my nose after rhinoplasty?

+1

You may have residual swelling, but this can only be determined by an exam. The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

+1

I do not see the issue in your posted photos! Best to see your surgeon to address these issues./////

Bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

The photos don't show the type of bumps you are talking about, but they do demonstrate a prominent dorsal hump.

Check with your surgeon about any remaining skin bumps and about your remaining dorsal hump. If a revision of the hump is necessary it's best to wait at least 6 months. Skin problems can usually be dealt with somewhat sooner.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Bumps after rhinoplasty

+1

Actually, we cannot see any bumps on your photo though you do have a quite small hump that may be a part of your surgical plan. Irregularities can be felt occasionally after rhinoplasty, and those we can see, are a problem. Best to let your surgeon have a look.

Asymmetric bumps on the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

The pictures that you show do not allow a good assessment of the profile view of your nose. You may want to submit some new photos having someone else take the photos for you with a direct side shot and provide a good front shot as well. From what you describe, I think that you have some residual bumps on one side of the nose more than the other. This could be due to bone or cartilage or persistent collagen from scarring in the area. An examination in the office would allow me to know much better what is going on and what options are available.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD