Bumps and Rough Skin After Fraxel Laser

I had bumps and rough skin after Fraxel Laser. Is there a chance they will soften or diminish? Is there anything I can do to help it? I started to see it go away in many places and just thought that the skin around my eyes is healing slower. I've been reading horror stories that in 1-3 years, I could experience infections and discoloration on my face. Is this true?

Fraxel Laser... Make Sure That it is Actually Fraxel

+2

Hi Parlin,

First of all make sure that you actually had Fraxel re:store laser. There is much confusion out "there" about fractionated lasers. Many patients think they are receiving Fraxel when in fact they are getting another laser company's version.

I have not seen any lasting complications as you are describing with hundreds of patients treated with the actual Fraxel re:store laser. Unless your physician did something extraordinarily wrong, you do not need to worry about those "horror" stories developing on your face in years to come.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel Restore is a safe treatment if done by experienced physician

+1

Fraxel restore is a very safe procedure as long as the parameters used are accurate for the type of skin of the patients

Discolorations are occasionally seen in darker skin patiens after Fraxel treatments however are manageable by using bleaching creams before and after the procedure.

Lumps are rare and I have not seen any post fraxel lumps.

Most of the possible complications post Fraxel are short lived and go away.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon