What Are These Bumps on Lips After Advanced Vermillion? (photo)

Dear Dr. Mayer, Thank you for answering my question about cortisone injections on my lips because of bumps left from my vermillion lip advancement. I hope you can see the bumps from these photos. The one on the left side is the worst. It has been 5 months since the surgery. You said that there might be alternatives to the cortisone injections as these can lead to more irregularities to my lips (already have enough problems from the surgery, i.e., no cupid's bow.) Thank you, Valborg

Bumps after vermillionectomy

+1

These are scars and will need cortisone injections. I have stopped doing this surgery as there are other surgical procedures which do not leave scars like this

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon