Will bumps in the centre of my cheeks, that show up 5 to 6 weeks after a face lift/neck, gradually disappear on their own?

I had a face lift and neck lift 6 weeks ago. I still have quite a bit of numbness, just in front of both ears, as well as along my jaw line and most of my right ear. In the last 10 days I have started to get multiple bumps in both cheeks. I only had one bump on the left cheek one week after surgery. Will more bumps show up as the numbness resolves itself. If I wait will these bumps resolve on their own or will waiting and doing nothing make getting rid of them harder or worse make it impossible.

Swelling, numbness and bumpiness following facelift

+1

6 weeks out from facelift surgery is still quite early for assessing final results. The numbness will gradually recede over a 3 to 6 months period -- and sometimes some mild decrease or change in sensation (I haven't met anyone who was bothered by this) lasts much longer. Swelling gradually goes down over this period as well. If there are irregularities under the surface where sutures are pulling at or puckering the deeper tissues, this can be more noticeable as swelling goes down -- but tend to smooth out over time. These initial annoyances will run their course, for the most part, during the first 3 months.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Contour irregularities after a facelift should disappear.

+1
  • Contour irregularities 6 to 8 weeks after a facelift are quite unusual. However provided there is no foreign body in your cheeks this should resolve with time.

Swelling after facelift may take months to resolve

+1

There is extensive swelling and bruising after a facelift procedure. What you describe sounds like normal post op "lumps and bumps". Be patient, it should reslove on its on soon.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon