Are Bumps in Lips from Juvaderm Permanent?

I had injections done 2 months ago that caused 2 bumps in my upper lip that are noticeable when my mouth is open and do not feel as smooth as the rest of my lips. I went in 2 weeks after the injections were performed to massage them out but to no avail. They aren't too noticeable so I don't think it's worth dissolving the juvaderm. Are these bumps permanent? I've read that bumps that aren't massaged out can last for years and this worries me terribly. Can they possibly still be smoothed out?

Juvederm in lip with bump

+1

The bump could be a granuloma secondary to the injection. It will likely dissipate over time. You could always return for a follow up and ask your provider if they feel as though a small amount of Hyaluronidase would be beneficial. Best of luck.

Are bumps in lips from Juvederm permanent?

+1

In general, Juvederm will last for 6-7 months on average. The lumps will not likely be permanent, and can be dissolved with hyaluronidase if necessary. I would recommend speaking to your provider regarding any concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Juvederm, lip bumps

+1

Juvederm lasts usually 6 to 9 months, so most likely, these bumps will not and should not be a permanent problem.  You could consider having them injected with hyaluronidase if they really bother you but i would recommend just allowing time for these to dissolve and resolve.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Bumps from Juvederm To Lips

+1

The bumps you are experiencing are most likely not permanent. Yes, you have to use pressure, pinch between your thumb and forefinger. If you are really unhappy you can have it dissolved with vitrase.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Juvederm

+1

They shouldn't be permanent.  They can last up to 9 months, however.  If they bother you, you could have hyaluronidase injected just into these small areas (not your entire lip).  You should raise these concerns with your injector and see what they offer.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Juvederm bumps in the lips

+1

These bumps are not permanent and will lessen within 6 months or so.  If they bother you, they can be dissolved sooner.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Are Juvederm bumps in lips permanent

+1

Juvederm isn't permanent and so no, the bumps aren't either. They will go away over time, but since they are pockets, they may take longer than the other smoother areas. You can have them smoothed out at any point with a tiny bit of hyaluronidase, only injected into the bumps themselves. This will take them down without dissolving everything.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm is a temporary filler

+1

Juvederm is a temporary filler and any bumps from this product will not be permanent.  Of course, it seems that when it looks great it never lasts long enough and when there is a bump or other problem, it seems to take much longer than it usually lasts to go away.  I would have hyaluronidase injected into the bumps and they should smooth out within hours of this treatment.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Are Juvederm lumps in my lips permanent?

+1

Although Juvederm can last for a year or more it does break down gradually. So the answer is no, the lumps are not permanent. That said, they may last longer than you want to see them.  I would not hesitate to have a very small amt of hyaluronidase injected in the lumps and massage them. They will break down and you will be happier once they are gone! 

Sam Naficy, MD