Bumps of Cartilage Around Nostrils After Open Rhinoplasty?

My surgeon says that this lump is not scar tissue, it feels more like cartilage. I can also feel cartilage sticking out from the tip and I think it might be linked to this lump. My surgeon said he willremove the lump but theres a risk that my nose will droop or it will somehow change the tip (which i dont want as i dont like the tip as it is already). The scar on the collumella is also quite deep and makes me feel self conscious. What is your opinion on this? Is surgery safe for this? See pic

Cartilage Bumps in Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your single picture shows multiple problems; porly defined and inadequately projected tip, tip irregularity secondary to scar tissue or prominent cartilage, and a bad columellar scar.  As other experts have said, you need a very experienced surgeon - your revision will be challenging

Bumps of cartilage around nostrils after open rhinoplasty

+1

Regarding ; "My surgeon says that this lump is not scar tissue, it feels more like cartilage. I can also feel cartilage sticking out from the tip and I think it might be linked to this lump. My surgeon said he willremove the lump but theres a risk that my nose will droop or it will somehow change the tip (which i dont want as i dont like the tip as it is already). The scar on the collumella is also quite deep and makes me feel self conscious. What is your opinion on this? Is surgery safe for this? "

Your open rhinoplasty scar is NOT typical. It is poorly healed and retracted leading to obvious notching. I fully agree that you should seek an EXPERT in Revision Rhinoplasty for your next procedure. 

Bumps after open rhinoplasty.

+1

I would see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon before any further surgery. You want this to be the LAST surgery.