I Have Bumps and Thick Scar Lines from Stitches Removed from Upperlid Surgery 2 Weeks Ago. Will These Go Away?

I Have Bumps and Thick Scar Lines from Stitches Removed from  Upperlid Surgery 2 Weeks Ago. Will These Go Away?

It takes some time to heal following eyelid surgery.

+1

It takes some time to see the final results following eyelid surgery.  You need to be patient to give your eyelids time to heal.  If you have concerns, you should check back the the surgeon who did your procedure to see if he/she thinks your are on schedule for a normal recovery.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Small bumps

+1

Small bumps at the suture line after a blepharoplasty usually subside in a few weeks. Give it time. If they do not improve they can be treated in the office.

Bumps after Suture Removal

+1

Small bumps are common and usually go away in a few weeks. In rare cases, they can be easily removed in the  office. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

+1

Give the incisions several more weeks to heal and as always ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Eyelid Surgery about the incisions and how they're healing.

Scars from upper eyelid surgery

+1

The upper eyelid is very forgiving as far as scar is concerned and we have not seen any persistent thick scars in the upper lid crease. Milia, or whiteheads, can occur and are a nuisance, but healing should go well. See what your surgeon has to say.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Bumps After Eyelid Surgery

+1

Dede,

It is difficult to know if your incisions are within the realm of normal without examining you or at least seeing photos.  I can tell you that two weeks after surgery is much too soon to know the final outcome of your incisions.  Incisions take up to a full year to reach their final outcome.  If your incisions are not satisfactory, they may be modified by injection or re-excision.  I would recommend addressing your concerns with your surgeon.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon